Where are you located?
We are based in Fetcham just outside of Leatherhead. A quick 45 minutes on the train from London Waterloo or London Victoria or a mere 10 minutes from the M25 we are easily accessible from many parts of London and the South East.
Do you deliver?
Can I collect?
Absolutely, if you do decide to collect we recommend doing this either the day or two days prior to your wedding. Dolly Dew Drops will package the cake as securely as possible and provide full set up and storage instructions. However, once the cake leaves our premise we will no longer be held liable for any damage to the cake – a signature will be required on collection to confirm the cake is in good condition on leaving our premises.
How do I book a cake?
So you’ve read the blurb, you’ve seen the cakes and you’ve fallen in love with our signature style. Here’s how to go about booking your cake.
- Get in contact here ASAP with your wedding date and venue.
- If the date is available you have one of two options – you can either place a £100 ‘save the date’ deposit to secure your date in my diary and go back to wedding planning safe in the knowledge your cake is booked in with us and leave your consultation for a later date. Or you can book to come in for a cake tasting and consultation for £25. (see below for more details). Both payments will be redeemable against the cost of your cake order.
- After your consultation I’ll then be able to give you a quote for your specific cake and design ideas.
- A 50% deposit is then due to place and confirm your order.
- The remaining 50% is then due 4 weeks before your wedding date – alterations to your design will be possible up until this point but please note may result in additional charges.
- Relax on your big day safe in the knowledge Lizzie will be there delivering your dream cake, setting it up and ensuring everything is looking absolutely perfect.
When should I book my cake?
It’s really never too early to book your dream wedding cake in with us. As a small one-woman business there is only so much I can take on in one week. This means popular wedding dates may book up particularly fast, normally around 12-9 months in advanced. Summer and Christmas dates normally sell out very quickly. However, we may occasionally have some late availability so if you’ve left it to the last minute do still get in touch and we’ll see what we can do.
Can I try the cake before committing to an order?
Absolutely, and its actually HIGHLY recommended, after all its frankly one of the best bits of wedding planning, who doesn’t want and excuse just to eat cake and talk pretty designs?
I’ve found a picture of a cake I love, can you make it for me?
While I am always more than happy to see photos of other cakes you love I will never copy a design directly as this belongs to another cake designer. However, I can certainly be inspired by the design and work to find out the elements of it you love the most. I then like to bring my own style and flair to it to create something bespoke and unique to you – after all isn’t it much nicer to have something entirely designed for you?
Do you only make wedding cakes?
Not at all, wedding cakes are the largest part of the business as it so perfectly suits our style, but we do also offer cakes for all special occasions, be it a christening, anniversary, wedding or Christmas. We also offer gorgeous, personalised cookies for all occasions. All orders will be subject to availability.
Do you have stand hire?
We have a small selection of cake stands available for hire. These can be hired for a £25 payment along with a security deposit that will be returned to you on safe return of the stand to us no more than 3 working days after your wedding. Deposit amount varies per stand. Eg. Large milk glass pedestal stand, £25 hire charge + £90 refundable deposit.